Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I figured I would blog really fast about the Capuano Open Mike Bash last night, I made a comment on another blog and will expand on it a little here.

It was a very good event and the room was packed. The campaign was estimating about 1,200 people and I believe them, the room was packed and people were still in the lobby hanging out because they ran out of standing room in the ballroom. As some people left (mostly people from Western or Southern MA with long trips home) more people came to take their seats.

The room was buzzing and the Congressman was in his element. He seemed to really enjoy having the stage in the middle of the room rather then at a far end. This allowed more people to be up close.

I was also very happy to run into people from all over. In a past life I worked in a men's clothing store and I ran into a union guy who stopped by to buy sports coats once every 6 months. I ran into people I went to school with, worked with, a former boss,a current boss, bloggers etc.

I would say the best part of the evening was, even with the adoring crowd and attentive staff, when he had the podium taken off the stage and he took the suit jacket off. He became a normal guy, my congressman, Mike.

My friend Josh Dawson was one of three live bloggers at the event, check it out!
http://bostondemocrat.blogspot.com/2009/11/live-blogging-from-tonights-open-mike.html

No comments: